Monday, August 12, 2013

free.

i'd be the first to admit that i've made a unsurpassable amount of mistakes involving many different aspects of life. some would be viewed by the world as greater and some would be lesser.

these mistakes in my humanness holds me captive.

i'd be the first to admit that  i've been overwhelmed lately. overwhelmed by my family, by situations, by yelling, by love, by life. all of this overwhelming has left me exhausted.

being overwhelmed in my humanness holds me captive.

i'd be the first to admit that i've hurt people. i've judged people. i haven't treated them like they should have been treated. not gone to love on them but rather ignored them. i have not been christ to them.

my imposing of hurt in my humanness holds me captive. if i'm honest the thought of it paralyses me.

i'd be the first to admit that i struggle with negativity. the ability or disabling ability to criticize everything around me.  taking over my gift of encouragement by my urges to be a realist.

my negativity in my humanness hold me captive.

the above mentioned plagued me for a few hours this evening. as i ventured out on a run i felt heavy and weighted. as i continued on using the pavement to be my punching bag for emotions i vividly felt the Lord say to me....

"you are free. you are not held back to what you were yesterday. you are free to be better. you are free to be different. you are free to change. your mistakes do not hold you back."

i couldn't help but spread my arms out. those driving past must have though i lost it a little bit.... but this time i was overwhelmed by something different. grace. so i stretched my arms out and raised them to praise him for something i do not deserve.

you see... grace is what sets me first. grace was what allowed the Lord to speak encouragement to me. HE IS GRACE. AND HE POURS IT OUT ON ME.

the world tells me i am my mistakes, i will never not be overwhelmed by this world, that healing can never come, and that i should become the next eyeore

by God he tells me that i am pure and forgiven- that I am more then an overcomer- that healing can come and his love can fill me- that his joy can fill me-....

that's grace.
that's freedom.
that's the God i serve.
and this is the truth i will cling too.
as i choose to be free.

"And she sings

World, I have overcome you
World, I have overcome you
World, I have overcome
By my song and the blood of a son"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GovD7dw1SAg

(close your eyes and take that song in)

No comments:

Post a Comment